Did you know Nike’s Lunarlon technology was 7 years in the making? Researchers in the Nike Sports Research Lab (NSRL) conducted pressure platform tests on runners to find pressure points on the foot. They found that with Lunarlon foam, the pressure load had a larger distribution area across the foot. The foam is soft and dissipates force more evenly over a larger area so athletes aren’t pounding all their pressure in one place. It protects the foot’s fragile bones, according to Nike, and helps add stability and is comfortable for exercise.
Now, Nike Golf is expanding the Lunarlon offering to its Spring 2012 line of performance footwear. Nike’s Lunarlon is 30% lighter than their standard Phlon foam and embedded the lightweight cushion in a firmer Phylon or Phylite foam carrier. This dual-density construction helped to balance dissipation of impact forces with stability. Nike engineers developed the Lunarlon cushioning in the heart of Nike’s Dynamic Support System. The Lunarlon Foam Cushioning construction delivers dynamic support, optimal ground feel and lightweight comfort.
- Mon-Fri: 8am-7pm CST
- Saturday: 9am-5pm CST
- Discount Golf World
- 2828 Broadway St
- Quincy, IL 62301
Email Sign Up!
Sign up for news and sale notices. Be the first to know!
- Pre-Order Now : FootJoy HyperFlex - Details »
- Pre-Order Now : Nike Vapor Woods Family - Details »
- Pre-Order Now : Nike Vapor Pro Driver - Details »
- Pre-Order Now : Nike Vapor Speed - Details »
- Pre-Order Now : Nike Vapor Flex - Details »
- New! Nike 2015 - Details »
- New! Tiger Woods 2015 - Details »
- New! Nike Women's 2015 - Details »
- Rory McIlroy : Bose Ambassador - Details »
- Golf GPS & Rangefinders ⇓
- Golf Balls ⇓
- Club Accessories ⇓
- Gloves ⇓
- Equipment Accessories ⇓
- Practice & Training ⇓
- Clubs ⇓
- BAGS & CARTS
- GOLF APPAREL
- GOLF SHOES