Did you know Nike’s Lunarlon technology was 7 years in the making? Researchers in the Nike Sports Research Lab (NSRL) conducted pressure platform tests on runners to find pressure points on the foot. They found that with Lunarlon foam, the pressure load had a larger distribution area across the foot. The foam is soft and dissipates force more evenly over a larger area so athletes aren’t pounding all their pressure in one place. It protects the foot’s fragile bones, according to Nike, and helps add stability and is comfortable for exercise.
Now, Nike Golf is expanding the Lunarlon offering to its Spring 2012 line of performance footwear. Nike’s Lunarlon is 30% lighter than their standard Phlon foam and embedded the lightweight cushion in a firmer Phylon or Phylite foam carrier. This dual-density construction helped to balance dissipation of impact forces with stability. Nike engineers developed the Lunarlon cushioning in the heart of Nike’s Dynamic Support System. The Lunarlon Foam Cushioning construction delivers dynamic support, optimal ground feel and lightweight comfort.
- Mon-Wed: 8am-8pm CST
- Thu-Fri: 8am-7pm CST
- Saturday: 9am-5pm CST
- Discount Golf World
- 2828 Broadway St
- Quincy, IL 62301
Email Sign Up!
Sign up for news and sale notices. Be the first to know!
- $16 Off The X Hot Fairway Wood - Details »
- Father's Day Savings: $50 Instant Savings on the Neo X - Details »
- Nike TW'14: Pre-Order Now! - Details »
- Save on Callaway Rangefinders - Details »
- $20 Instant Rebate on Select SkyCaddie Products - Details »
- $50 Garmin Mail-In Rebate* - Details »
- FREE Solaire Golf Balls When You Purchase a Solaire Set - Details »
- Free Personalization on Select Bridgestone Balls! - Details »
- $30 Tour Edge Mail-In Rebate - Details »
- Golf GPS & Rangefinders ⇓
- Golf Balls ⇓
- Club Accessories ⇓
- Gloves ⇓
- Equipment Accessories ⇓
- Practice & Training ⇓
- Clubs ⇓
- BAGS & CARTS
- GOLF APPAREL
- GOLF SHOES