Did you know Nike’s Lunarlon technology was 7 years in the making? Researchers in the Nike Sports Research Lab (NSRL) conducted pressure platform tests on runners to find pressure points on the foot. They found that with Lunarlon foam, the pressure load had a larger distribution area across the foot. The foam is soft and dissipates force more evenly over a larger area so athletes aren’t pounding all their pressure in one place. It protects the foot’s fragile bones, according to Nike, and helps add stability and is comfortable for exercise.
Now, Nike Golf is expanding the Lunarlon offering to its Spring 2012 line of performance footwear. Nike’s Lunarlon is 30% lighter than their standard Phlon foam and embedded the lightweight cushion in a firmer Phylon or Phylite foam carrier. This dual-density construction helped to balance dissipation of impact forces with stability. Nike engineers developed the Lunarlon cushioning in the heart of Nike’s Dynamic Support System. The Lunarlon Foam Cushioning construction delivers dynamic support, optimal ground feel and lightweight comfort.
- Mon-Fri: 8am-7pm CST
- Saturday: 9am-5pm CST
- Discount Golf World
- 2828 Broadway St
- Quincy, IL 62301
Email Sign Up!
Sign up for news and sale notices. Be the first to know!
- SLDR Instant Savings - Details »
- $200 OFF TaylorMade Irons - Details »
- Introducing the VAPOR Iron Family - Details »
- BUY NOW : Callaway Apex Muscleback Irons - Details »
- SLDR S : Buy Driver Get Fairway or Rescue FREE! - Details »
- Callaway X2 Hot Price Drop - Details »
- Tiger Woods Collection 2014 - Details »
- NEW Nike 2014 Collection - Details »
- Cobra Bio Cell : Instant Savings - Details »
- $100 Off Callaway X Hot Irons - Details »
- Golf GPS & Rangefinders ⇓
- Golf Balls ⇓
- Club Accessories ⇓
- Gloves ⇓
- Equipment Accessories ⇓
- Practice & Training ⇓
- Clubs ⇓
- BAGS & CARTS
- GOLF APPAREL
- GOLF SHOES