Garmin Approach G8 Golf GPS
Lighter, Sleeker, Smarter
Ships within 24 hours
Ships within 24 hours
Garmin Approach G8 Golf GPS Details
The sleek, lightweight and durable Approach G8, with a 3" multi-touch color display, is our most feature-packed handheld. G8 starts with precise distances for more than 30,000 international courses, with free Wi-Fi® course updates for life, then adds: PlaysLike Distances, Smart Notification messaging, PinPointer blind shot assistance, a rechargeable 15 hour battery, and the online share-and-compare golf community within Garmin Connect™.
Despite its slim profile, the Approach G8 debuts a substantial range of features to help you take on any course. PlaysLike Distance gives golfers distances to the target, adjusted for uphill or downhill shots.
Smart Notification lets you receive emails, texts and alerts right on your handheld, even if you're in the middle of the fairway. G8 receives the wireless signal from your iPhone® 4s or later, lets you know you have a message, and displays the full text on its own screen whenever you're ready to read it.
Club Advice remembers how far you hit each club and makes a recommendation based on shot distance. PinPointer lets you know which way to the pin even if you are in the woods or deep in a trap.
For easier viewing, Big Numbers Mode increases the font size of the front, back and center distances. And Wi-Fi lets you connect to the golf community within Garmin Connect and update courses automatically.
More Scorecard Options
Approach G8 doubles as a digital scorecard for your foursome with scoring options for Stroke Play, Stableford, Skins and Match Play with adjustable handicaps.
See Targets and Track Stats
Colorful layup arcs at 100, 150, 200 and even 250 yards let you know exactly how far you need to hit when laying up. Touch Targeting lets you touch any point on the sunlight-readable display, and it shows the precise distance to that exact spot - fairway, hazard, landing area, or the front, middle and back of the green.
Get on the Green
Zero in on the pin with Green View. Just tap the flag on the map to zoom in on the green - then you can drag the flag to position it where you see it, giving you more accurate yardage.
Garmin Connect Golf Community
Garmin Connect includes an online golf community that lets you play, then share and compare. Download your round and contrast it to your last round, track improvements to your handicap for every course you play. The Garmin Connect golf community can even assemble your ideal round, combining your best score for each hole to get your ideal 18 for that course.
- 3" color multi-touch display; slim and sleek design, tough and durable
- Preloaded with more than 30,000 international courses and free lifetime course updates with no fees or subscriptions
- PlaysLike Distance gives golfers distances to the target, adjusted for uphill or downhill shots
- Smart Notification allows you to receive email, texts and alerts on your handheld
- PinPointer tells you where the pin is, even if you can't see it
- Automatic Wi-Fi® course updates; no fees or subscriptions
- Online golf community lets you play, then share and compare your round
- Remembers how far you hit each club, and provides recommendations on which club to use based on your shot distances
- For easy viewing on your screen, increase the font size for distances to the front, back and middle of the greens
- Provides blind shot assistance by pointing you in the right direction when you are unable to see the pin
- Enhanced stats keeps track of fairways hit, greens in regulation and putts per round
- Save, review and share scores for up to four players; includes Stroke Play, Stableford, Skins and Match Play with adjustable handicaps
- Access a printable version of your scorecard on your computer
- Touch any point on the display to show the precise distance to that exact spot, such as the fairway, hazard or the green
- Zero in on the pin and manually move the pin to the day's location, giving you more accurate yardage
- Tough, durable, compact and water-resistant (IPX7*) design
*An IPX7 designation means the device will withstand incidental exposure to water of up to one meter of depth for 30 minutes.
Garmin Approach G8 Golf GPS Specifications
|Garmin Approach G7 GPS|
|Unit Dimensions (WxHxD):||2.1"x4.4"x0.6" (5.8x11.2x1.4 cm)|
|Display Size:||1.5"x2.6" (3.9x6.5 cm); 3.0" diag (7.6 cm)|
|Display Resolution:||240x400 pixels|
|Display Type:||Transflective Color TFT Touchscreen|
|Weight:||3.97 oz (112.6 g)|
|Battery Type:||Internal Rechargeable Lithium Polymer|
|Battery Life:||Up to 15 hours (in typical use)|
|GPS-enabled, high-sensitivity receiver:||Yes|
|Preloaded Course Maps:||Yes (30,000 International)|
Garmin Approach G8 Golf GPS Reviews
Product Q & A
Garmin Approach G8 Golf GPS Contents
- Approach G8
- USB cable
- AC adapter
- Carabiner clip
The full manufacturer's warranty from Garmin is only valid when the Garmin Approach G8 Golf GPS is purchased from an Internet Authorized Dealer. We will match any Internet Authorized Dealer's best price on the Garmin Approach G8 Golf GPS. The Garmin Approach G8 Golf GPS may be referred to by the following terms: 010-01231-00.
- Mon-Fri: 8am-7pm CST
- Saturday: 9am-5pm CST
- Discount Golf World
- 2828 Broadway St
- Quincy, IL 62301
Email Sign Up!
Sign up for news and sale notices. Be the first to know!
- Golf GPS & Rangefinders ⇓
- Golf Balls ⇓
- Club Accessories ⇓
- Gloves ⇓
- Equipment Accessories ⇓
- Practice & Training ⇓
- Clubs ⇓
- BAGS & CARTS
- GOLF APPAREL
- GOLF SHOES