The new Wilson FG Tour Urethane Golf Balls are optimized for use with golf clubs using the new grooves required by the USGA/R&A to satisfy condition of competition rules. The new grooves in new and upcoming clubs will produce less friction and therefore less spin and control, prompting golf balls to become the solution to the Tour-inspired problem. The Wilson FG Tour Urethane golf balls are multi-layer urethane golf balls, which produce tour caliber spin, maximum greenside control and excellent distance. In short, the FG Tour sticks (creates more friction) to the shallower and softer edges of the new grooves in golf clubs. Keep reading for more information.
The Wilson FG Tour Urethane Golf Balls utilize a cast urethane cover and multilayer construction to maximize distance, durability and performance. The FG Tour’s low compression, coupled with Traction Control Technology, makes it the only urethane ball on the market to offer balata-like feel with tour-caliber spin. The FG Tour golf balls feature:
1. Super Soft High Velocity Core
- The softest core in the game today utilizes advancements in rubber chemistry to maintain high initial velocity.
2. HPF Speed Mantle
- The speed generating HPF mantle encases the low compression core to generate higher spin.
3. Thin Responsive Urethane Cover
- A super thin urethane cover provides premium feel with excellent scuff resistance.
4. Traction Control Technology
- On the multilayer FG Tour, traction control integrates with the thin urethane to generate the highest possible spin off club faces with 25°+ loft for ultimate shot making and scoring.
The FG Tour Urethane Golf Ball is a 3-piece design, with a large core, thin outer mantle and thin urethane cover. Combined with the unique, aerodynamic dimple pattern, the FG Tour is able to produce a 17% higher surface contact area and engages 13% more grooves during impact.
Can a single golf ball really be this good and provide all the performance you want and need? Yes! The FG Tour provides long distance off your driver, green-side control and shot-stopping spin on medium and short clubs, and the unique urethane touch and premium feel and control with any club. It’s the tour ball that’s optimized for the new groove rule — but it won’t break the bank.