March 30th, 2010
Colored golf balls are making a comeback and Srixon is leading the charge. The new Z-Star Tour Yellow and Z-Star X Tour Yellow golf balls take advantage of the psychological effects that the colors yellow and green produce. Yellow is the most visible color in the spectrum and green helps you calm down and concentrate. By playing the Z-Star Tour Yellow golf balls you will be able to track your balls easier and will feel calmer and more confident at address. Keep reading for more details!
Sports Psychology and Your Mental EdgeTiger Woods wears red on Sunday. Lance Armstrong wears yellow. Baseball players wear eye black. The marriage of colors and sports results in the attempt to maximize your potential by tapping your psychological reaction to certain colors. By analyzing color effects on golfers, the Srixon Sports R&D Team has developed a colored golf ball that combines super-visible yellow with a calm and focus-inducing green.
See the Ball, Hit the Ball, Golf BetterCountless studies and daily experience tells us that yellow is the most visible color in the spectrum. It's bright, crisp and catches our eye, which is why we use yellow legal pads, why our kids ride in yellow school buses and why stoplights use yellow to tell us to slow down...or speed through! Just like yellow, green also has a strong impact, and is pleasing to the eye and lifts our spirits -- springtime, fresh produce, green rooms for actors, Mountain Dew cans and others take advantage of green. Compared to white golf balls, the Tour Yellow golf balls are easier to find, easier to track, they stimulate and focus your vision while steadying your mind.
The Insides CountIt's not just color that matters. The Z-Star golf balls are played on Tour by Pros Vijay Singh, Jim Furyk, Henrik Stenson, Tim Clark and John Rollins. Both the Z-Star and Z-Star X are 3-piece urethane balls with a seamless 324-dimple cover and Energetic Gradient Growth core. The result is increased ball speed, high launch and low spin. The ball's construction and premium materials make for a durable, long-lasting golf ball that plays as good as it looks.
Player Profiles for Choosing your Golf BallZ-Star Tour Yellow
- Designed to be the best-balanced golf ball for low-to-mid handicap players.
- Ideal for golfers seeking a combination of distance, spin control and soft feel.
- Superb spin performance on approach shots with extremely soft feel.
- High resilience with low spin for greater distance.
- Superior soft feel for excellent performance on and around greens.
- Designed to offer best-in-category performance for golfers seeking improved distance, spin and feel preferred by Tour players, advanced amateurs and competitive players.
- High initial velocity for greater distance.
- Superb spin performance on approach shots.
- Penetrating and stable ball flight in windy conditions for greater distance.