Why ride when you can walk? That's right, grab a push cart instead of keys and immerse yourself in the game and do your health a favor. Golf clubs, country clubs, public courses, and even individuals are overwhelmingly transitioning to push carts instead of riding carts as their primary means of transportation on the golf course. There are many benefits to push carts, including: lower noise levels and fewer visual distractions, health benefits of walking several miles instead of spending more time sitting, warmer and more flexible muscles for improved play, and more money in your pocket. Stop wasting money on those polluting eyesores and invest in a push cart to improve your game and your health. Keep reading for more specifics!
The average golfer will drop hundreds of dollars a year to play golf, with a sizeable chunk going towards electric or gas riding carts. Instead of wasting money of riding carts, you could invest in a quality push cart that provides more tangible benefits. Yes, you'll have to exchange the comfy seats for a sturdy pair of shoes (article on golf shoes), but the boost in activity level and a purer golf game will be worth it. After all, there's a reason why the pros have to hoof it.
Here are some benefits of using push carts:
- Walking 18-holes is a great workout
- Push carts don't emit polluting and smelly fumes
- Push carts are virtually silent
- Push carts keep your clubs close, and the cart can go places a large riding cart cannot
- Push carts blend into the course better than their larger, boxy, often glaring white counterparts
- Push carts make the game personal, simplifying the game and reducing distractions
- Push carts do less damage to the golf course than riding carts, and greatly reduce the carbon footprint of the golfer and golf course
- Save money by investing once instead of spending extra cash each time you golf
Contrary to some stereotypes, the modern golfer is concerned with health and environmental issues. And with the recent surge in true athletes such as Tiger Woods, golf has become a mainstream sport that has reinvented itself as a game of precision, fitness, stewardship, and competitive spirit. These changes have greatly improved the exposure of golf and benefited the industry as a whole, so don't be afraid to change along with it. You won't lose any of the main conveniences of a riding cart, because your push cart will still:
- Carry your bag
- Hold your drinks
- Offer something to lean on while you wait
- Hold your GPS unit
- Have places to clip your towel to
- Some even have built-in stools for sitting
Pro players have been walking for decades, but the rest of the golf world has been slow to react. As prices for riding carts continue to climb, and as concerns for health and the environment deepen their presence in the game, push carts are a clear alternative to riding carts. Because the essence of golf has long been stifled by noisy golf carts, inconsiderate drivers, and an attitude of laziness, action is being taken to reduce fleets of riding carts and promote walking -- and not a moment too soon. Do your part in bringing back the purity of golf by switching to a push cart. You'll be glad you did!