Fall is here, and for those who live in a four season climate, or in a place where the temperatures fluctuate greatly, that means some of the best golfing weather of the year. Cool, sunny days and firm, fast conditions make for great golf. There was a day when most of us would hang up our clubs following Labor Day and not play again until late March or early April. The reason we used to quit when the weather turned? There was no such thing as cold weather apparel–at least for the golfer. Anyone who played cool or cold weather golf back in the day knows that the clothing was simply not conducive to enjoying a round. Heavy, bulky sweaters and jackets made swinging a golf club a chore. A lack of wind-resistant fabric allowed the wind to cut through even heavy wool sweaters, dissipating the warmth offered by all those layers.
Today, golfers are fortunate to have lightweight, warm, breathable and wind resistant fabrics that make golfing in cooler, and even cold temperatures a much more enjoyable pastime. Consequently, there is no longer any reason to hang up the clubs for the winter. Nike Golf wants you to keep playing golf–all year long.
Nike Golf has new lines of performance apparel, including outerwear and accessories that will let you play golf, and play it well, all year long. Here’s just a small sampling:
- Nike Pro Thermal Hyperwarm Mock — The perfect base layer, offering Dri-Fit, moisture-wicking stretch fabric that is both warm and lightweight. You can wear this under a polo, jacket or sweater.
- Nike Tour Premium Long Sleeve Cover Up – Dri-Fit stretch fabric with a mock neck, 5-button placket and contrast vented hem make this the ultimate modern pullover.
- Nike 1/2 –Zip Wind Resist Sweater — It’s a sweater and wind shirt in one garment. The soft wool blend performance outer shell combines with an innovative windblock lining to offer contemporary style, comfort and warmth during the round.
- Nike Pro Thermal Tight – Go ahead and wear your lightweight golf pants if you want. These compression thermals are the ideal base layer, featuring Dri-Fit jersey that offers lightweight warmth and comfort.
- Nike Therma Fit Sleeves – Every golfer needs a pair of these stretch sleeves. They go on and off easily and take up virtually no space in your golf bag, so you can have them handy any time the temperature dips. The Therma-Fit technology resists heat loss, and the stretchable design means you can stay warm without any negative effect on your range of motion.
- Nike Storm-Fit Rain Suit – Lightweight, breathable and waterproof, this rain suit is adjustable and flexible for a custom-like fit.
- Nike Wind Resistant Therma-Fit Jacket – Made with Therma-Fit fabric, this jacket offers both wind and water-resistance. The incredibly soft fleece lining is a comfort bonus.
- Nike Winter Cap with Ear Protector – When the weather turns, you’ll want to keep your head warm and dry. This cap does both with it’s Dri-Fit fabrication and fold down ear flaps.
You can get all these items and so much more at DGW. Check out all our fine Nike Outerwear—and keep playing no matter what the weather.