The secret is out. Nike is releasing a new state-of-the-art golf ball . Known for pushing the limits of golf technology to benefit the golfer, Nike has been working with DuPont for the last 4 years to develop the first ever ball with a resin core. This is also the first ball made in the last decade that doesn’t have a core of solid rubber. Compared to the average rubber core ball, the new resin core boasts many advantages not even possible with the technology of the past.
Here is what we know about Nike’s Prototype RZN golf ball…
- Already conforming with tour regulations but not on the approved list because it is still considered a prototype until it has a retail name
- Retail name will be released in November, available for play in February
- DGW will be doing pre-order once the ball’s retail name is revealed
- Price will be $44.99
What the Resin core gives you…
- Lighter core weight allows for heavier outer layers-similar to perimeter weighting on clubs
- Faster ball speeds (3mph average increase)
- Highest MOI (moment of inertia) for a golf ball, EVER! Leads to a more forgiving shot and better accuracy
- Better Spin; 150 rpm less on driver shots and 300rpm more on wedge shots (as compared to Nike One Tour ball)
When I know more, you’ll know more. Keep checking back for updates leading up to the November release and the beginning of pre-orders! If there is something specific you want to know, leave a comment and I’ll do my best to get the answer for you!